Thursday, August 6, 2009

Even in the breaking down, I can hear redemption calling

Today was commitment day.... or, as Caitlyn Spence calls it "Crying Day". 
We broke off into 3 groups during devotions, and I talked to my group of 5 about what it means to ask Jesus into your heart and I talked to them about the different ways he has moved in my life. 
A lot of the girls had a lot of trouble understanding why God allows bad things to happen. Cassie and I stayed up talking to them tonight, trying to explain that he has no control over the bad things that happen, he can only combat them after the fact and try to turn them into blessings. I told them that although it sucked that my mom died, who knows where'd I'd be today if it hadn't happened? Chances are I would not be here with them. I also explained that God sent each of them to this camp for a reason and I thank God every day that they are here. 
I am feeling sensationally blessed right now. 
It is times like these when I feel I could move mountains. 
Thank you, Lord, for blessing my life. I pray that even through all the pain, your whisper reaches these girls' ears. 

0 comments: