Sunday, May 6, 2007

Blast from the past

Okay,
weirdest thing ever?
So, from the time I was 6 and a half I had two best friends, Alice and Joanne.
They moved there from England and our moms became best friends.
We were all major BFF.
Like sooo close bestfriends.
The "sleep over on a schoolnight cause we pretty much live together anyway" best friends.
Anyway, in the end of grade 6 we moved to Parksville.
I remember Helen (their mom) and my mom (Ellen... funny) cried sooo hard.
Al, Jo and I were like whatever, because we still went to school together.
But I guess when our moms stopped spending time together, so did we.
We weren't in the same classes and we made more friends outside our circle of friends.
The last time I talked to them was at my mom's memorial service.
Helen (who I, at one time, remember calling Mom) was crying harder than anyone else.
She didn't even know my mom was sick.
After the service we hugged and I swear Helen didn't want to let go.
Then I left with Rachel, Veronica and Tori and they went their own way, too.
My next point is, Facebook is the most amazing thing.
I just got this message from noneother than Joanne Vinden.

WOW!!! Molly!! you look absolutley AMAZING in your prom pics!!!!!
was it a fun night?? it's been soo long since we've heard from you!
this is intense, whatcha been up to? mum sends her love
and says you look beautiful:):) alice says hi too!!!


I knew she had a facebook but I didn't really send her a message or anything because
I didn't know what we really were anymore.
Best friends for 7 years? Strangers for 6?
Which one overpowers?
It feels so amazing to know that people that you have completely parted ways with
can still hold a place for you in their hearts, or people from your past still care.

I swear I can hear my mom crying right now.
(Happy tears, naturally)
She's missed her best friend so much.

0 comments: