Sunday, November 9, 2008

SALVOLOVE












So today at church I spearheaded a prayer meeting for the Internation Day of Prayer for the persecuted church. I didn't really know what was expected of me today, just that it was something I had to do. I have never been so in love wth my corps before. Major Martin made an announcement that I would meet anyone interested on the stage after the service and have a half hour or so of prayer and discussion. I was actually really nervous, until one of the older ladies in our church introduced me to her friend, who looked at me and exclaimed "you're right! She has such a lovely smile!" I was so moved during the prayer of how important this was to a lot of people in my church. There were about 15 people who stayed behind with myself and the Major, and so many of them were so passionate about it, and about 10 of them were driven to tears. I felt a little uneasy at first, being the only one under 50 in the mix, until I was joined by a young mother and her 6 year old daughter, who also both took part in the waterworks. 
One of the highlights of my day was, as I was getting ready to leave, two older women approaching me and saying, 
"If you ever need to talk about ANYTHING, or need prayer or any guidance, just know that we love you very much and we are always here to talk and love you."
I just feel that everything in my life is such a phenominal blessing.

And yeah, I love my corps.

0 comments: