Sunday, May 13, 2007

I got to sit on the patented Alex-recliner... wow.

So this mother's day has been pretty uneventful.
I went to church, helped Major June with Sunday School; the kids made Mother's Day cards, and I made a Mother's day boat. Shawn helped. He had to be in there because Katie was being bratty.
He ended up making the mast and sail himself. He likes to make boats?
Then they did the the thing where they get all the kids in the church to go to the front and choose a carnation to give their mom, and then go around and give other carnations to all the other moms in the church. I went around with Essie (what a cute kid) and gave them to the women working in the kitchen and the mom's who were in the nursery with their babies.
Shawn gave me three carnations, in 3 different colors, to add to my boat.
One is being dried right now.
I actually have 4, because Emma was playing tag while holding hers (her and Katie don't understand the concept of "give flower to mommy" yet, and after they hand them to Krista like instructed, ask for them back again.) so it broke, and she gave it to me.
(It sounds like a sweet thing to do, but really it was like "My 'fwower' broke. I don't want it. You can have it." and Emma throwing a pink carnation at me.)
After church I went to the Perry's with Chelsea and Alex [and Morin, Mary, Carlye, Charis, Daryl, Kirsten and Ricky... and baby McDonald!] ...Although, to be fair, there were no actually "Perry"s at the Perry house.
Dave went out for lunch with HIS mom, Shirley was in Vancouver to see HER mom, Danae was at work (it was actually pretty funny. She was supposed to give Carlye and Morin a ride home... and Charis, but she lives with her, so it's kind of implied... but as we were all walking out to the cars she was like "Wait. Do I work today? I WORK AT 12? *looks at watch* I WORK IN NINE MINUTES! I HAVE TO GO TO WORK, NO ONE CAN RIDE WITH ME!" and she drives away.
So Carlye had to squeeze into Shawn's truck with him, Krista, Emma and Katie and Charis had to squish into Ricky's truck. Morin got a ride with me, Alex, Chelsea (+ baby) and Mary.)
and Chelsea is a McDonald now. I guess Daryl could kind of count, since he lives at the Perry's, but whatever... back to my day.

So we hung around there for awhile and Alex told Kirsten to sit on her face, and then I challenged him to sit on his own face... and he tried. Other stuff like that happened all afternoon.
(And I wonder... is Alex really ready for fatherhood?)
Then we all went home.
Pretty uneventful, but good.

Happy Mother's Day mommy.. I miss you, I love you, thank-you for being the best mom I could have ever asked for.

0 comments: