Saturday, July 28, 2007

Beauty in the broken places

So going to Qualicum today was pretty bizarre.
But now I've decided not to let it be.
I mean, I don't know what I was scared of before I went there.
The only highlights were seeing Shannon, who I see a lot,
Ms.Butts, who totally remembered who I was (grade 8 science teacher/mom's friend); not pleased to hear the unfortunate events regarding said mother, Chelsey... even if it was only for a short moment... and Michelle. That one was def. a big moment.
We went to the Coombs market and out of nowhere a beautiful chicky leaps over a fence and screams "MOLLY!" then we hugged and squealed for awhile... until she said "I should probably go back to work" (she saw me and ran out of there pretty quickly).
Katelyn got into the habit of telling all my old friends "I'm her new best friend", which made me giggle a little. It was a good day and we had a yummy lunch and bought cute things from little shops.
All in all it was pretty positive and not at all scary.
But to be fair, I am still VERY tired and not feeling overly chipper, so I should probably rest before my busy day tomorrow.
Adios chickas and papa citos

0 comments: